Family-centered Intergenerational Religious Education (FIRE)
FIRE is based on the belief that we learn from each other and that we are all searching and hungering for God. FIRE teaches within small intergenerational communities of four to six households, in which people of all ages come together to learn about God. Each of the five years of the program covers a different theme: Revelation, Sacrament, Old Testament, Creed, and Morality. Families meet in homes or at the parish (space permitting) sixteen times a year at a time agreed upon by the group. Families share the responsibility for facilitating the lesson and hospitality. Orientation, materials and support are provided by the Lifelong Faith Formation staff. You may form your own group or request to join with other families.
FIRE Registration (2013-2014)
Please read through these directions before opening and completing the registration form.
1. Open the form using the link at the end of these directions.
2. Fill in the form on line.
For Fee, select $40
3. Once completed, print your registration using the ‘Print Form‘ button within the form. This will ensure that the form is legible and and contains all required information.
4. Sign where indicated.
5. Return the registration form and fee to the Faith Formation Office in Siena. Make checks payable to St. Francis of Assisi.
Tips about completing on-line forms:
- You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open & complete the forms. MAC users might have to save the .pdf file to the desktop or download folder and open with Adobe Reader.
Click this icon to download Adobe Reader.
- The form must be filled out ON LINE to ensure that it is legible and complete.
Please DO NOT print it and fill it in by hand.
- We recommend you click on the ‘Highlight Fields’ button in the top right-hand corner in Adobe Reader.
This will highlight the fields and will indicate the required fields in red.
- If you have any questions, please contact Laura Keltie at 919-847-8205 ext 237.