The mission of St. Francis’ Care and Wellness Ministries – rooted in our community’s vision statement that “we are one family, living in community, confronted, challenged, and comforted by the Word of God, reaching out to all persons and their families” – is to be a pastoral presence, offer emotional support, provide opportunities to find balance in life, and remain attentive to the spiritual needs of those facing unsettling circumstances in our community.
As Christians, we are one body in Christ. During times of adversity and suffering, we help one another to heal, to move on, and to change more into who God is asking us to become. For more information, please contact Jackie Adamo, Administrative Assistant, 919-847-8205 x268.
Click on these links below to find out more:
Resurrection Ministries - These ministries walk with those who have lost a loved one. From helping plan the funeral to coping with grief, these ministries offer hope and pastoral presence.
- Consolation and Care – reaches out with God’s healing love and compassion to those grieving the death of a loved one.
- Emmaus Ministry – assists parishioners in dealing with the death of a loved one by helping them with funeral preparations and “walking” with them in their time of sorrow.
- Funeral Receptions – provides receptions for family members and friends of the deceased.
- Living with Loss– provides a support system through regular gatherings for those grieving the loss of someone dear.
- Journeying with Grief through the Holidays- It’s hard to enjoy the holidays when you’re grieving. Come spend an afternoon with us and learn how to develop a plan for getting through the holiday season.
- Stephen Ministry - Lay ministers trained in active listening to walk with those in grief.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry - makes shawls as expression of our community’s care and concern for those struggling with difficulties in life.
Click here to learn more about these ministries and for a list of additional resources.
Ministries of Sharing- Sometimes health or mobility make it impossible to come to church. If that happens, please call the ministry leader of the Care and Wellness office so that members of these ministries can come to you to share our community of faith with you.
- Feed the Need - Offers meals to those struggling with life transitions.
- Eucharistic Ministries -Ministers bring the Holy Eucharist to those who cannot attend Sunday liturgies at St. Francis: the homebound, hospitalized and residents of retirement communities and nursing homes such as Abbotswood, Magnolia Glen, the Meadows, and Springmoor.
- Mass Transit Ministry – provides transportation to parishioners who have no means of getting to church for weekend liturgies.
- Caregivers – provides assistance to the physically challenged and elderly members of the parish community who need assistance with maintaining independence.
- Hospital Visitation Ministry – provides friendly visits to parishioners in area hospitals and care facilities. To request a visit, click here or call Tom Jacobs at 919-848-7010.
- Stephen Ministry - Lay ministers trained in active listening to walk with those experiencing .
- Prayer Shawl Ministry -makes shawls as expression of our community’s care and concern for those struggling with difficulties in life
Alzheimer’s/Dementia Ministry – reaches out both to those suffering from Alzheimer’s and other related dementia and to their caregivers.
Cancer Companions – reaches out and supports those who are dealing with cancer.
Catholic Divorce Survival Guide– provides support and comfort to those experiencing the pain of separation and divorce.
Job Connections Ministry – provides encouragement, education, and job search skills training in a Catholic setting.
Project Rachel - a Catholic community program that aims to provide hope and healing after abortion.
Special Needs – reaches out to parents/caregivers of special needs children and adults, offering support and encouragement for the journey.
Stephen Ministry – provides individual and confidential support, ongoing visitation, and Christ-centered empathy through active listening and reflection.
Prayer Shawl Ministry-makes shawls as expression of our community’s care and concern for those struggling with difficulties in life
Centering Prayer – cultivates spiritual life through contemplation.
Prayer Line – prays for the intentions of parishioners.
Prayer Shawl Ministry – makes shawls as expression of our community’s care and concern for those struggling with difficulties in life.
Rosary Ministry – promotes devotion to the Holy Rosary of the Virgin Mary.
This page has the following sub pages.