Our mission is to help homeless families achieve independent living by providing lodging, meals, and childcare in times of transition and need. We also strive to promote awareness and action from our parish family regarding homelessness.
Four times a year homeless families come and find a home for one week on the St. Francis parish campus. The families stay in Clare Hall.
There are many ways volunteers can help:
- Bring and/or serve hot, nutritious meals each night.
- Provide childcare for small children.
- Be an overnight host to maintain safety.
- Drive the WIHN van to pick up the families from downtown or return them to the WIHN center in the morning.
- Wash laundry at the end of the week.
It is an honor and a privilege to open our doors and our hearts to these families in need.
- Guidelines for WIHN Overnight Hosts
- Guidelines for WIHN Childcare Hosts
- Notes for WIHN Food Volunteers
- Guidelines for WIHN Evening Hospitality Hosts